Deep tissue massage therapy that has a truly lasting effect on your pain and stress
Our massage therapy services incorporate a range of techniques and modalities customized to your individual needs. We specialize in massage that gets results for specific issues so that you feel better immediately.
Whether you have chronic pain or acute pain, or want sports massage, prenatal massage, pre surgery massage, and post surgery massage.
Choose from either our 60 minute massage therapy services or our 90 minute massage therapy services. It's that simple!
Talk to your massage therapist before your session about the issues that brought you to our studio. Your therapist will listen and use the information you share to craft a session that will give you the most immediate relief. Then you will work together to create a treatment plan that works with your schedule and budget to provide long term relief.
All of our massage therapy services use a base of advanced medical deep tissue techniques. We also incorporate a range of other techniques including:
- Deep Tissue
- Sports Massage
- Prenatal massage & Postnatal massage
- Myofascial Release
- Neuromuscular (Trigger Point Therapy)
- Activated Isolated Stretching
- PNF Stretching
- Polarity Therapy
- Trager work
- Heller work
However, you don't need to know what all those styles are. Let your massage therapist figure all that out for you!
Having trouble choosing which of our therapists to book with?
For most issues, all of our therapists are excellent. In some instances, we suggest booking your first session with owner David Weintraub, or with our senior therapists. If your case is particularly complex, involves several different issues, or you are recovering from or trying to avoid surgery, book with them first.
What to expect when you start your massage therapy services
In order to custom design a massage that serves you best, we'll want to spend a bit more time at the beginning of the session doing a thorough intake. This may include asking about any or all of the following depending on your specific situation:
- the symptoms that brought you to us
- what sorts of pain you experiencing
- your medical history
- how you use your body currently on a daily basis
- any older injuries that you may have that could be affecting how you feel now
We will also do bodyreading in order to look for patterns that may be contributing to your pain that may include:
- Looking at your body from front, back, and sides for misalignment and compensation patterns
- Evaluating how you sit for ways to improve how desk work affects your body
- Gait analysis to see if there are ways to improve walking and running
In general, with most cases, the intake process will take 5-10 minutes. If your case is especially complex, we may take up to 15 minutes. We consider this intake part of the session time. Please know that allowing this intake time will make your massage exponentially more effective!
What to expect during your massage therapy services
Your therapist will let you know what position to start in, either face down, face up, or in sidelying position. For some massage therapy services we may even start the session doing work with the client while standing or sitting in clothes before switching to table work. We will then leave the room, let you get undressed and on the table, and knock to see if you are ready and under the covers before entering the room again.
Some points to consider:
- It is always your choice whether to leave on clothing for your comfort. However, we recommend getting used to leaving off all clothing including underwear. Common issues such as low back pain, hip pain, and knee pain will all benefit from work on the muscles surrounding the pelvis. It is easier for a therapist to work on these areas without underwear. We can always work around underwear if necessary and your privates are ALWAYS covered by the top sheet according to NYS ethics rules for massage therapy.
- Your therapist will undrape only the body part they are currently working on and again, privates are always covered according to NYS ethics rules for massage therapy.
- We try for a tolerable level of discomfort with deep tissue work....a level that is effective but doesn't cause discomfort to the level where the client's body tightens in response. Where this level actually occurs differs from client to client, so please let us know if the pressure is too much or too little for your preference.
- Most of our sessions are not full body sessions unless requested...in our experience relieving pain issues requires more focus.
- It is common to have you switch positions during the session to work on different parts of your body more effectively.
- Please communicate with our therapists if anything during the session is not to your liking. We are very adaptable and would rather alter our approach to fit your needs than have you leave dissatisfied.
What to expect after your massage therapy services
Your therapist will let you know that the session is over and that they are going to leave the room and let you relax for a couple of minutes then get dressed in privacy. They will then knock on the door to make sure you are ready and enter to discuss the session and have a thorough outtake.
The outtake may include:
- Discussing how you feel after the session and whether the pain symptoms you came to us for help with have been improved.
- Asking you to walk and move and feel if you have better range of motion and ease of movement
- Evaluating what to do in a next session or sessions that would further improve your symptoms
- Giving you practices to do at home and at work such as stretches, relaxation exercise, lifestyle changes, and ergonomics tips from our resources page
- A discussion of what kind of treatment plan will be most effective for your issue (the predicted number of sessions and frequency between them)
- How to craft a series of massage therapy services that works with your schedule and budget that is as effective as possible
- Setting up a series of massage therapy services to work towards a full resolution of your pain symptoms
- Booking follow up sessions
- Checking out today's session and receiving payment for the session
All sessions have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
If you need to cancel or reschedule less than 24 hours before your session starts you will be charged full price for the missed session.