Bodyworks DW Offers Discounted Massage Sessions with Owner David Weintraub for Staff Training Purposes. Book Today!
Case Study FAQs
What is a case study?
A case study appointment is a discounted teaching session where Bodyworks DW therapists are given the opportunity to observe David Weintraub (the owner) as he provides massage therapy to a client. These sessions will be recorded for those who cannot make it to the training.
Clients who participate in our case study not only receive a deeply discounted treatment, but also get the rare opportunity to peek behind the scenes into our education program.
We have case study appointments available the first Friday of the month from noon-2pm. Schedule online or give us a call at 917-740-2709
Case studies are done at our Midtown space located at 211 East 43rd Street
$100 (no gratuity required or expected)
How is the Appointment Structured?
- A case study lasts approximately 2 hours
- 30 minutes of intake including a “before” photo (please wear form fitting workout style clothing)
- 60 minutes of massage on the table
- 30 minutes of outtake including an “after” photo in workout style clothing
- The before and after photos will demonstrate the postural benefits that can be achieved with advanced massage therapy
- This session will be recorded in it’s entirety. Full recording will not be made available to the public but photos, short videos, and quotes from conversations may be used in promotional materials including on the website, newsletters, and social media. The client’s last name will not be used at any time.
- The client will have the treatment room to themselves for complete privacy when changing clothes for before and after photos or when undressing to get onto the massage table for treatment. Video recording equipment will be turned off during these times.
- During recording David Weintraub will make sure to never expose any private areas of the body to either the video camera or observers by practicing proper draping with the sheets and blankets in accordance with NYS Ethics rules for Massage Therapy licensure.
- Bodyworks DW massage therapists are invited to view this session as a training exercise. Therefore there may be therapists other than David Weintraub in the treatment room observing the session and asking questions.
- At one or two points during the session the therapists may be asked to try out particular techniques under David's supervision for feedback. It is very helpful for them to hear from the client, what's different between what David is doing and how it feels when they attempt the technique.
- Please note, in the past we offered longer term case studies where the same client received weekly treatment for 7-8 weeks. This proved to be too difficult for scheduling and continuity. Currently, we are offering one off sessions that demonstrate the postural benefits of just one advanced massage therapy appointment at Bodyworks DW.
- You will need to check the box for "Subscribe to email reminders & notifications" in order to receive an email confirmation of your Case Study Appointment.
- Sometimes our case study booking widget may take a second or two to load. Thank you for your patience!
Bodyworks DW has a 24 hour cancellation policy that applies to all massage appointments- including case studies. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full cost of the appointment. At the end of the booking process, our Mindbody Online booking and billing system will ask you for a valid credit card number to hold the appointment time. Due to our 24 hour cancellation policy, we ask that all clients keep a card on file. This card will not be charged unless the appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. At the end of your session you may choose to pay with this card, a different card, or cash.