Massage Therapy Appointment Booking Tips
A few massage therapy appointment booking tips to find the session that's best for you:
- It's better to get a session sooner than waiting 2-3 weeks for your preferred massage therapist. Especially if you are in pain.
- Try booking 2 sessions, one as soon as you can with any of our great therapists. Then a follow up session with your preferred therapist 1-2 weeks after.
- We recommend booking a 90 minute session for your first visit. This will allow for a more thorough intake. And time to both focus on your particular issue and to still give the rest of your body some attention.
- If the choice is between a 60 minute session within the next couple of days or a 90 minute session in a few weeks, go with the 60 minute.
- For "normal" aches and pains (neck pain, back pain, etc.), all of our massage therapists are fantastic. Each is capable of providing relief on a level far above what you are used to at other facilities.
- If you have a complex case involving multiple injuries, we suggest booking with owner David Weintraub, or senior therapists for your first session.
What to expect at your massage therapy appointment
- Your massage therapist will perform a thorough intake to identify some of the probable causes for you pain. This may involve questions, body reading while sitting and standing, and having you walk to evaluate your gait.
- Once your therapist has determined what approaches will provide the most relief for you, they will let you know what they plan on working on during the session. If you agree that it sounds like a good plan, they will instruct you on how they want you to get ready for the session (what clothing to remove, what position to start on on the table, etc.). Read more about our services >
- While you are disrobing for the session, your therapist will leave the room and close the door. They will knock before entering when they return in a few minutes to make sure that you are ready and under the top sheet and blanket.
- There will likely be some level of discomfort with a deep tissue session. Our goal is to find a tolerable threshold where we can effect the most change. However, we will always respect any boundaries you express, so if the level of discomfort is too much please let us know and we will adjust accordingly.
- There is a misconception that the more discomfort you can handle the "better" the session will be for you. However, there is actually a "too much" level that has diminishing returns, and a "way too much" level that will actually have you feeling worse. Your best bet is allowing your therapist to work at "tolerable" levels of discomfort.
We require 24 hours in order to cancel or reschedule an appointment with no charge. You may cancel or reschedule online or using our mobile app up to 48 hours before your appointment, after that please contact us directly by responding to this email or by calling the number above. Any appointments cancelled or rescheduled less that 24 hours before will be charged the full amount.
We accept cash and all major credit cards
Prices are all-inclusive and staff therapists are compensated with a higher commission on services. Additional gratuities for exceptional service are appreciated but are neither expected nor necessary.